Texas Roadhouse rolls are sweet and soft and taste great with cinnamon honey butter. The secret to this recipe is making the buns rise correctly. Here is a recipe imitating your favorite Roadhouse dinner rolls.
For the bread rolls:
- All purpose flour
- Milk – Lukewarm
- Active yeast
- Water – Warm
- Unsalted butter
For the cinnamon honey butter:
- Honey or maple syrup
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
Making the dinner rolls:
- Warm water, sugar, and yeast should all be combined in a mixing basin with a light whisk. Approximately 10 to 15 minutes should pass before the yeast dissolves and foams.
- Add the eggs, milk, sugar, butter and salt to a mixing bowl. Using the dough hook on your mixer, lightly blend for approximately 1 minute. Mix in the flour, adding 2 or 3 cups at a time. Make a soft dough by adding just enough flour.
- Depending on the situation, anywhere between 6 and 8 cups of flour may be used. When the sides of the dough start to detach, add additional flour as necessary. The dough should be placed in an oiled bowl and covered with a damp kitchen towel. Let it rise in a warm location until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Divide the dough into two halves by pushing it down before shaping it on a floured surface. The dough should be rolled out to a thickness of about 1/2 inch, cut into a perfect rectangle by trimming the ends, and cut into squares or rectangles. With the remaining dough, repeat the procedure to produce another 30 to 35 rolls. The rolls should rise for about two minutes after being placed on the prepared baking sheets.
- The recommended baking time for rolls is 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. After baking, butter should be immediately spread onto the rolls.
Making the honey cinnamon butter:
Just mix the ingredients mentioned to make this excellent butter.
You can have this copycat Texas Roadhouse rolls with anything you want! No matter if you are going to enjoy a very spicy burger or any sweet dish, the buns complement anything!